What is the FSSAI License or an FSSAI Number?
The standard of food is the main concern of the government of India. Therefore, to maintain the standard and safety of the food items it is necessary for every food business operator to have an FSSAI License. Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is an autonomous organ entrenched under the food safety and standards act, 2006. It is responsible for preserving and fostering through the inspection of food safety. The nerve centre of FSSAI is in New Delhi, India with six regional offices located in Delhi, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, Mumbai and Cochin. Its foremost concern is stated to food safety and regulation in India.
FSSAI License number :
The FSSAI License number is a 14 – digit number comprising of 5 sections issued to register the food business operators. On the packaging of the food product added with the FSSAI logo, the aforementioned indicator has to be affixed.
The 14- digit FSSAI License, it has the following five sections:
- Section 1 with the first digit, provides details like the status of registration of business.
- Section 2 with the second and the third digit, provides information on the state code of the respective business.
- Section 3 with digits four and five, provides details like in which year was the food product manufactured.
- Section 4 with digits six, seven and eight informs about the quantity of enrolling master.
- And lastly, section 5 with digits nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen and fourteen provides the makers with the license number.
Format of the FSSAI License number:
To check FSSAI License number online:
The procedure to check your FSSAI License number online are as follow:
- The thing you need to do is, open a link namely https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/cmsweb/TrackFBO.aspx
- Entered the registration number and click on “Submit”.
- Just after that, basic information related to your company will be displayed on the screen.
- You will be provided with all the detailed information and its status.
It is fundamental for every Food Business Operator to get an FSSAI License. It is important for you to renew your FSSAI License within the time period or before the license expires. The Food License issued is valid for 1 year or up to 5 years. The fees for FSSAI License registration varies as per the term of the Food License. According to the rules and regulations, it is mandatory for every Food Business Operator to apply for the renewal, 30 days before the expiry of the current license. The penalty is charged if the FSSAI License isn’t documented, and the forfeiture is of Rs. 100 per day until the renewal is done. If by chance, the renewal of the Food License is not done within the given time frame, then it will be considered as a gap and the business dealer will have to apply for a new license to continue his business further.
FSSAI License number guidelines:
It is very important for the food business operators to follow the guidelines regarding the FSSAI number. The six information or guidelines to be followed are enlisted below:
- It is mandatory for every food package to have the 14- digit FSSAI License number given to the FBO.
- While importing products in the country, the FSSAI number, address and name of the shipper must be given before the authorities.
- On the different unit marks of the product, the license number must be mentioned along with the standard or quality of the delivery organization.
- The measure of the alphabet and digits for packaging and labeling must be based on the FSSAI Regulations, 2011.
- The FSSAI Certificate number and logo can be used only by the FBO until the date of expiry of the license. The food license expires on the 5th year from the very date of the issue.
Get food licence for your business.